All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionAs the number and size of nprofit organizations continues to grow, NFPs are coming under ever-increasing government scrutiny. Soon Congress will require that nprofits comply with rigorous accounting and governance standards very similar to those set forth for for-profits in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. If you work for a nprofit and are concerned about meeting impending changes to tax and finance standards governing NFPs this book is for you. In simple, straight-forward language, this guide demystifies the often perplexing world of nprofit governance in the age of Sarbanes-Oxley. Author, Jill Gilbert Welytok, an attorney who heads the Sarbanes-Oxley division of a major Midwest law firm, walks you step-by-step through the process of evaluating your governance structures. She arms you with tips and strategies for adopting uniform standards under current governance and tax laws, while preparing you for any upcoming changes. She shows you how to protect your tax status and reassure dors and volunteers while staying true to your organization's mission. And she fills you in on what you need to kw to:* Comply with state laws and regulations* Get and keep tax-exempt status* Avoid lawsuits and other legal landmines* Handle the media* Anticipate future trends* Make sense of the Sarbanes-Oxley act Including sample nprofit bylaws and a complete audit committee report, Nonprofit Law & Governance for Dummies, Second Edition is an indispensable survival tool for 21st century nprofits.
- Author BiographyJill Gilbert Welytok, JD, CPA, LLM, practices in the areas of corporate law, nonprofit law, and intellectual property. She is the founder of Absolute Technology Law Group, LLC (www.abtechlaw.com). She went to law school at DePaul University in Chicago, where she was on the Law Review, and picked up a Masters Degree in Computer Science from Marquette University in Wisconsin where she now lives. Ms. Welytok also has an LLM in Taxation from DePaul. She was formerly a tax consultant with the predecessor firm to Ernst & Young. She frequently speaks on nonprofit, corporate governance-taxation issues and will probably come to speak to your company or organization if you invite her. You may e-mail her with questions you have about Sarbanes-Oxley or anything else in this book at email@example.com. You can find updates to this book and ongoing information about SOX developments at the author's website located at www.abtechlaw.com. Daniel S. Welytok, JD, LLM, is a partner in the business practice group of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C., where he concentrates in the areas of taxation and business law. Dan advises clients on strategic planning, federal and state tax issues, transactional matters, and employee benefits. He represents clients before the IRS and state taxing authorities concerning audits, tax controversies, and offers in compromise. He has served in various leadership roles in the American Bar Association and as Great Lakes Area liaison with the IRS. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Daniel S. Welytok,Jill Gilbert Welytok
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2007
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byChuck Grassley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.