All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA concise guide that offers a step-by-step approach to the strategic use of alternative media by both the marketing and advertising professions. The text looks at why a marketing team might employ the use of alternative media vehicles over (or alongside) more traditional ones, how it can be used to attract smaller niche markets, and where alternative media is headed. Key features of this book include: * Specific alternative media methods are discussed in separate chapters, including electronic and social media, mobile media, out-of-home and transit media, and direct marketing and sales. * Numerous real-world case and visual examples are provided, including augmented reality, mobile GPS couponing, interactive television, cinema advertising, live mobile billboards, poster campaigns and many more. * Checklists are included to provide students with a step-by-step guide to how to incorporate alternative media into future marketing campaigns. * Critical thinking questions and exercises are provided to guide students in their own alternative media marketing efforts.
- Author BiographyRobyn Blakeman (M.L.A. Southern Methodist University; B.A. University of Nebraska) is an Associate Professor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Professor Blakeman began teaching advertising and graphic design in 1987, first with the Art Institutes and then as an Assistant Professor of Advertising teaching both graphic and computer design at Southern Methodist University. As an Assistant Professor of Advertising at West Virginia University she developed the creative track in layout and design and was responsible for designing and developing the first Online Integrated Marketing Communication Graduate program in the country. At UTK, she teaches Advertising & Public Relations Design and Advertising Creative Strategy. Blakeman is the author of six books: The Bare Bones of Advertising Print Design, Integrated Marketing Communication: Creative Strategy from Idea to Implementation, The Bare Bones Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communication, The Brains Behind Great Ad Campaigns, Advertising Campaign Design: Just the Essentials and Strategic Uses of Alternative Media: Just the Essentials.
- Author(s)Robyn L. Blakeman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.