All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.22
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Peranakan or Baba and Nonya culture is the result of intermarriage, from the 15th century, between Chinese immigrants and the local population of Indonesia and Malaya.The resulting fusion of cuisines, however, is t just of China and the Southeast Asian archipelago, but also from Portugal, the Netherlands and England, as well as the places they colonized.Nonya Heritage Kitchen brings together the stories of how popular food, cooking techniques, ingredients and utensils from these spheres of influence interacted to create Nonya cuisine.This telling is via the background and recipes of both well-kwn and rare dishes such as Bak Chang, Rempah Udang, Sugee Cake, Kiam Chai Ark, Kuih Bahulu, Cheek Bee Soh, Sesargon, and Kuih Koci.Also included is a list of stores and online shops for Nonya kitchen utensils.Here is an extraordinary and practical cookbook that reveals new information about the wide-spread and global roots of Nonya food.
- Author(s)Ong Jin Teong
- PublisherLandmark Books Pte.Ltd ,Singapore
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintLandmark Books Pte.Ltd ,Singapore
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Width180 mm
- Height270 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.