All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionChicago, 1947: on a freezing February night, France's feminist icon Simone de Beauvoir calls up radical resident velist Nelson Algren, asking him to show her around. After a whirlwind tour of dive bars, cabarets and the police lockup, the pair return to his apartment on Wabansia Avenue. Here, a passion is sparked that will last for the next two decades.Their relationship intensifies during intoxicating months spent together in Paris and Chicago. But in between are long, anguished periods apart filled with competing desires - lovers old and new, writing, politics, gambling - which ultimately expose the fragility of their unconventional 'marriage' and put their devotion to the test.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS COWIE is originally from Chicago and has lived in both England and Berlin since 1999. He is a Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing at Royal Holloway, University of London. His first novel, Owen Noone and the Marauder, was published in the UK and the US in 2005. Most recently he has published two linked novellas, Sing for Life: Tin Pan Alley and Sing for Life: Away, You Rolling River in the US.
- Author(s)Douglas Cowie
- PublisherMyriad Editions
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyriad Editions
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.