All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the re-discovery of a lost sociological project led by Norbert Elias at the University of Leicester, this book re-visits the project: The Adjustment of Young Workers to Work Situations and Adult Roles. Norbert Elias's Lost Research makes use of the interview booklets documenting the lives of nearly 900 Leicester school leavers at the time, to give a unique account of Elias's only foray into large-scale, publicly funded research. Covering all aspects of the research from the development of the research proposal, the selection and management of the research team, the fieldwork, Elias's theoretical work to the ultimate demise of the research project, this book makes a significant contribution to our understanding of existing Eliasian texts by introducing this project to a wider audience and investigating and applying Elias's theoretical work to the areas of youth and school to work transitions. Shedding new light on Elias's thought, whilst exploring questions of methodology and the relevance of older research to modern questions, this book will be of interest to social theorists, as well as sociologists with interests in research methodology and the history of sociology.
- Author BiographyJohn Goodwin is Professor of Sociology at the University of Leicester. He was previously the Head of the Centre for Labour Market Studies (2006-2010), Sub-Dean (2003-2006), and the first Academic Director of the College of Social Science (2009-2010) at the University of Leicester. Henrietta O'Connor is Professor of Sociology at the University of Leicester. She has held a number of roles including Head of Department of the Centre for Labour Market Studies and Deputy Head of the School of Management. Previously she held posts as Sub-Dean of Graduate Studies and Director of Postgraduate Research in the College of Social Science.
- Author(s)Henrietta O'Connor,Mr. John Goodwin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 7 b&w illustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor David Chalcraft
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.