All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWidely adopted, this valued course text and practitioner guide has expanded the understanding of family rmality and healthy functioning in our increasingly diverse society. The editor and contributors are at the forefront of research and clinical training. They describe the challenges facing contemporary families and ways in which clinicians can promote resilience. With consideration of sociocultural and developmental influences, chapters identify key family processes that nurture and sustain strong bonds in couples; dual-earner, divorced, single-parent, remarried, adoptive, and kinship care families; gay and lesbian families; culturally diverse families; and those coping with adversity, such as trauma, poverty, and chronic illness. New to This Edition*Reflects important research advances and the changing contexts of family life.*Additional chapter topics: kinship care, family rituals, evidence-based assessment, and neurobiology.*All chapters have been fully updated.
- Author BiographyFroma Walsh, PhD, MSW, is the Mose and Sylvia Firestone Professor Emerita in the School of Social Service Administration and the Department of Psychiatry at the Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago. She is also Co-Founder and Co-Director of the University-affiliated Chicago Center for Family Health. Dr. Walsh is a past president of the American Family Therapy Academy and past editor of the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. She has received many honors for her distinguished contributions and leadership in the field of family therapy, including awards from the Division of Family Psychology of the American Psychological Association, the American Family Therapy Academy, the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Orthopsychiatric Association, and the Society for Pastoral Care Research. Widely published, she is a frequent speaker and international consultant.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication13/12/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight846 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFroma Walsh,Sylvia Firestone
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.