All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionScotland has some wonderful scenery, the best usually associated with the Highlands and Islands. But less than 25 miles east of Edinburgh, on the Firth of Forth, the East Lothian town of North Berwick has its own magic and charm. It's so accessible by railway and road and is a gem of a place to live, to holiday in and to visit. This collection of landscape and seascape photographs includes an amazing variety of coastline, countryside, beaches and islands from bays to the west and east of North Berwick Harbour to, east of the town, Tantallon Castle, the Bass Rock and Seacliff. At North Berwick Harbour visitors enjoy locally-caught lobster and take boat trips to the Bass Rock and May Island. This book includes photographs of huge waves pounding the coast, high surge tides, spectacular sunsets, paramas from the top of the Law, sw scenes and Christmas lights in the High Street. There's also a special 'up close' selection of gannets on the Bass Rock. The Bass Rock is an iconic island. The plug of an extinct volca it's home to the world's largest single-island gannet colony of over 150,000 birds. The Law, 613ft high with a whale's jawbone at the top, was also a volca and provides spectacular views up the Forth Estuary towards Edinburgh and the bridges, across to Fife and beyond and the islands of Fidra, Lamb, Craigleith, May and the Bass Rock. East Lothian's rolling countryside and the Lammermuir Hills are to the south. At North Berwick the weather, the light, land and sea magically combine to provide a photographer's dream and this is reflected in the author's choice of some stunning and previously unseen photographs.
- Author BiographyIan Goodall has been a highly-regarded photographer for over 20 years. As a photo-journalist his photographs of nature, events, local news and people have been widely published in newspapers and magazines. Ian's photographs convey a passion for his environment and surroundings. Ian is a Council member of the Edinburgh Photographic Society and Secretary of North Berwick Photographic Society.
- Author(s)Ian Goodall
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.