All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNorth Carolina sent more than 125,000 men and boys to fight the Civil War. It is estimated that about 40,000 lost their lives on the battlefield or by disease. Most were sent home for burial in family plots or community churchyards but thousands could t be identified or could t be transported and were interred in unmarked graves across the country. Many never had an obituary published. Others had obituaries that included directions to the deceased's final resting place. This compilation of obituaries from North Carolina newspapers documents the date and cause of death for hundreds of soldiers, with many providing place of burial, surviving relatives, last words, accounts by comrades and details of military service.
- Author BiographyEditor E. B. Munson works in the North Carolina collection, Joyner Library at East Carolina University, USA where he writes the North Carolina Periodicals Index, an index of abstracts of articles from magazines published in North Carolina. He has written over 10,000 abstracts of articles and compiled and self-published 52 monographs of North Carolina history and genealogy.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byE. B. Munson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.