All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is for walkers who live in or are within easy reach of the conurbations of Greater Manchester and Merseyside. It describes walks that may be reached by public transport, mainly by using cheap off peak tickets. The walks take advantage of public transport to enable linear routes to be followed along canals, lakes and valleys from one destination to ather by alighting at one place and returning from ather without the need of a car. Alternative circular routes, are provided for car users with detailed advice on reaching the walk locations. Most of the walks are t arduous and are on paths in the most beautiful, historical and interesting parts of this very diverse region, ranging from the coastlines of the Wirral, Sefton, and the Mersey, the valleys of Lancashire and Greater Manchester with their canals and reservoirs, and Dark Peak District of the Pennines. Points of interest are ted including historical places, flora and fauna and places for refreshment.
- Author BiographyRay Knapman has been a keen walker and railway fanatic since he was a teenager. Since retirement he has kept a photographic record of his walks, many of which include his interest in local industrial history. Ray is a contributor to the Geograph project and is a member of his local walking club and the Wigan branch of the RSPB.
- Author(s)Ray Knapman
- PublisherSigma Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationWilmslow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSigma Press
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.