All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhether hailing from the open Yorkshire Dales or the close-knit neighbourhoods of its towns and cities, North Yorkshire folk have always been fond of a good tale. This collection of stories from around the county is a tribute to their narrative vitality, and commemorates places and people who have left their mark on their communities. Here you will find dragon-slayers, boggarts and giants, tragic love affairs, thwarted villainy, witches, fairies, ghosts and much more. Historical characters, as rugged and powerful as the landscape they stride, drift in and out of the stories, strangely transformed by the mists of legend. North Yorkshire Folk Tales features Dick Turpin, General Wade, St Oswald, Mother Shipton and Ragnar Hairy Breeches, among others. These intriguing stories, brought to life with charming illustrations, will be enjoyed by readers time and again.
- Author BiographyIngrid Barton is an experienced oral storyteller. She is the author of Seven Wonders of the Wolds, and has written articles on various subjects for seventeenth-century re-enactment publications.
- Author(s)Ingrid Barton
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.