All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of Penguin's beautiful hardback Clothbound Classics series, designed by the award-winning Coralie Bickford-Smith, these delectable and collectible editions are bound in high-quality colourful, tactile cloth with foil stamped into the design. During an eventful season at Bath, young, naive Catherine Morland experiences the joys of fashionable society for the first time. She is delighted with her new acquaintances: flirtatious Isabella, who shares Catherine's love of Gothic romance and horror, and sophisticated Henry and Elear Tilney, who invite her to their father's mysterious house, Northanger Abbey. There, her imagination influenced by vels of sensation and intrigue, Catherine imagines terrible crimes committed by General Tilney. With its broad comedy and irrepressible heroine, this is the most youthful and and optimistic of Jane Austen's works.
- Author BiographyJane Austen (1775-1817) was extremely modest about her own genius but has become one of English literature's most famous women writers. She is also the author of Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Persuasion, and Northanger Abbey.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Clothbound Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight436 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Introduction byMarilyn Butler
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.68Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.07Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.