All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe conflict in Northern Ireland since 1969 has cost over 3,600 lives and about 100,000 people in Northern Ireland live in a household where someone has been injured in a troubles-related incident. This has been a key issue in British and Irish politics and the recent peace process in Northern Ireland and the current 'War on Terrorism' has stimulated international involvement and a desire to 'learn the lessons' of 'the troubles'. Although Northern Ireland has a population of just 1.5 million people it is one of the most researched territories of the world. There is considerable controversy over the interpretation of the history of Northern Ireland, t least since 1969. This new addition to the Seminar Studies in History Series provides a comprehensive introduction to the difficult topic, reviewing different perspectives on the recent history of the conflict in Northern Ireland while at the same time providing an authoritative overview. Each book in the Seminar Studies in History series provides a concise and reliable introduction to complex events and debates. Written by ackwledged experts and supported by extracts from historical Documents, a Chrology, Glossary, Who's Who of key figures and Guide to Further Reading, Seminar Studies in History are the essential guides to understanding a topic.
- Author BiographyPaul Dixon is a Reader in Politics and International Studies at Kingston University. He is the author of Northern Ireland: The Politics of War and Peace (2nd edition, 2008). Eamonn O'Kane is Senior Lecturer in Politics and War Studies at the University of Wolverhampton. He is the author of Britain , Ireland and Northern Ireland Since 1980 (2007, paperback 2010).
- Author(s)Eamonn O'Kane,Paul Dixon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleSeminar Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width174 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.