All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is the fruit of an international collaborative study, which considers the Aland islands settlement in rthern Europe as a resolution model for the major Asia-Pacific regional conflicts that derived from the post-World War II disposition of Japan, with particular focus on the territorial dispute between Japan and Russia, the Northern Territories/Southern Kuriles problem. The contributors provide analysis of the Aland settlement, the Japan-Russia territorial dispute and Aland-inspired solution ideas by experts from all over the world, including government officials, scholars and military specialists. Northern Territories, Asia-Pacific Regional Conflicts and the Aland Experience will be of interest to advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as academics working in Asian studies, politics, international relations, conflict resolution and security studies.
- Author BiographyKimie Hara is the Renison Research Professor in East Asian Studies and Associate Professor at the University of Waterloo, and a Fellow at the Centre for International Governance Innovation, Canada. Geoffrey Jukes is a Senior Fellow of the Contemporary Europe Research Centre of Melbourne University and an Associate Fellow of the Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies (Middle East and Central Asia) of the Australian National University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Asia's Transformations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Jukes,Kimie Hara
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.