All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionNorthrop Frye's Anatomy of Criticism (1957) is widely regarded as a masterpiece of literary theory. The product of years of reading and reflection, the book's value extends far beyond its impact on criticism as a whole; ultimately, it must be viewed as a syptic defense of liberal learning by one of the twentieth century's most distinguished critics. In this, the twenty-third volume of the Collected Works, editor Robert D. Denham presents the tebooks to the Anatomy, blue-prints, as it were, for Frye's comprehensive account of literary conventions. Composed from the late 1940s to 1956, the tebooks document the struggle Frye underwent to provide a structure for his work. This involved incorporating previously published essays and developing new material that would maintain the continuity of his argument. This fully antated volume contains seventeen holograph tebooks, each illuminating some aspect of the grand structure that eventually emerged. Altogether, the tebooks offer an intimate picture of Frye's working process and a renewed appreciation for his magisterial accomplishment.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Denham is John P. Fishwick Professor of English Emeritus at Roanoke College.
- Author(s)Northrop Frye
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCollected Works of Northrop Frye
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 23
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight896 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byRobert D. Denham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.