All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Northwest Highlands is the Scotland of mist-shrouded glens, towering mountain peaks, windswept purple heather hillsides and brooding lochs. Explore this mysterious land with the aid of FootprintFocus, which will guide you to the best of the Northwest Highlands' accommodation, restaurants, tours, and tips on spotting the Loch Ness Monster. * Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and around the Northwest Highlands * Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, sleep and seek adventure * Includes information on tour operators and activities, from dolphin cruises to mountain hiking. * Detailed maps for the Northwest Highlands. * Slim eugh to fit in your pocket. With detailed information on all the main sights, plus many lesser-kwn attractions, FootprintFocus Northwest Highlands of Scotland (Includes Inverness, Fort William, Glen Coe, Wester Ross & Ullapool) provides concise and comprehensive coverage of Scotland's most wild and exhilarating region. The content of the Footprintfocus Northwest Highlands of Scotland (Includes Inverness, Fort William, Glen Coe & Ullapool) guide has been extracted from the Scotland Highlands and Islands Footprint Handbook.
- Author BiographyWhen Alan Murphy upped sticks and left the fleshpots of Dundee to start his own seaweed-collecting business on a remote island croft, many saw it as a cry for kelp. But Alan not only survived several bleak Hebridean winters, he went on to found a sanctuary for wayward seal pups and devoted the next 10 years of his life to working with young stray marine mammals. Later, following a chance encounter with the editor of Footprint's South American Handbook in a sleazy salsa bar in Soho, London, Alan turned his hand to travel writing, trading the rain swept peat moors of northern Scotland for the steamy jungles of South America to research and write Footprint guides to Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. But the pull of his homeland was too strong and Alan eventually returned to Scotland to write new Footprint guides to Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland Highlands & Islands. Alan now resides in the bohemian Somerset market town of Frome with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alan Murphy
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Focus Guide
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Out-of-print date23/09/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight159 g
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.68
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $14.23
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.