All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionNo other vessel-sail or power driven-had ever passed through the dangerous straits of the Northwest Passage and completed a voyage round the world before David Scott Cowper's daring journey in the converted RNLI life boat Mabel E. Holland. David Scott Cowper vividly describes his four year circumnavigation by way of the Northwest Passage, detailing his recovery of a boat sunk by Arctic ice and the adventure and hardship of a grueling n-stop voyage across the Pacific in a small power boat. In the annals of small-boat voyages, this one stands out by any measure; t only because of the ermous difficulties and the tenacity with which they were overcome, but because of the extraordinary fascination and unspoilt beauty of the Arctic. The book is enhanced by Scott Cowper's photographs taken during the journey.
- Author BiographyDavid Scott Cowper was the first man to sail around the world in both directions, which he followed by a solo circumnavigation under power. Both of these challenges pale in comparison to what he faced in his solo circumnavigation via the Northwest Passage. Elected Yachtsman of the year in 1990 in recognition of his achievements, he spends his time on land as a chartered surveyor in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
- Author(s)David Scott Cowper
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheridan House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight335 g
- Width131 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.