Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionNorwegian Modals is a detailed description of the syntactic and semantic properties of modals in Norwegian. The book thoroughly and critically evaluates previous proposals from the modality literature, focusing on argument structure, scopal properties and the interplay of modals with tense and aspect. After presenting a range of new data and generalizations, a new analysis is proposed, incorporating recent developments in generative linguistic theory and the construction of a new compositional tense system. This investigation is highly relevant for the study of modals and modality in Germanic and other languages. It will also be of value to linguists working on argument structure, tense and aspect, and to those interested in Scandinavian languages.
- Author BiographyKristin Melum Eide, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
- Author(s)Kristin Melum Eide
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleStudies in Generative Grammar [SGG]
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight846 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.