All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Nostalgic Delights, award-winning chocolatier William Curley aims to recreate childhood memories and times gone, taking classic recipes and modernising them with his own, unique creations. Creating top-quality confectionery, cakes and ptisserie is often seen as something only a trained professional can do. However, with ptisserie equipment w easily accessible to all, William hopes to produce a book where the reader can create classics at home and evoke their own stalgic memories. William's ethos centres around using the best ingredients and techniques available, while making his recipes accessible to the home cook. Some recipes are simple to make with minimal ingredients, such as the Hazelnut Rocher and Bakewell tarts. During the 70s and 80s, the convenience food market boomed, and changed the image of many iconic dishes. William recreates theis decadence once again in many of these recipes, such as a Black Forest Gateau or Blackcurrant Cheesecake. The book also touches on the comfort food that most of us grew up with, whether it be a Jammy Dodger, an Arctic Roll, or a Banana Split - William takes these to a whole other level!
- Author BiographyGrowing up in a small town in Fife, Scotland, William Curley discovered a passion for gastronomy and began his career with an apprenticeship at Gleneagles Hotel. William then went on to spend many years at numerous Michelin-starred establishments with the most respected chefs and patissiers in the business including Pierre Koffmann at La Tante Claire, Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons, Marco Pierre White at The Oak Room and Marc Meneau at L'Esperance in France. William subsequently became the youngest ever Chef Patissier at The Savoy working under Anton Edelman and leading a team of 21 pastry chefs. William's success led to the opening of the first 'William Curley' shop in Richmond in 2004. This led to the launch of the UK's first dessert bar in central London in 2009. His chocolates and patisserie can now be found in the food hall of London's most prestigious department store, Harrods. During 2013, William achieved the MCA (Master of Culinary Arts). It is the highest accolade awarded to chefs in the UK. Making him one of only seven masters in patisserie in Britain. In 2012, William Curley become a member of Relais Desserts International, the most prestigious association for patissiers. He was also invited to become a 'Disciple Of Escoffier', which recognises his achievements. William Curley is four times winner of 'Best British Chocolatier' by the Academy of Chocolate. He is renowned for producing the most delicious and inspiring range of handmade chocolates, patisserie and desserts.
- Author(s)William Curley
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Weight1361 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographer(s)Kevin Summers
- Foreword byMichel Roux,Alain Roux
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $27.65
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $34.41
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $14.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.