Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1953, the dark alleyways of Soho, London, teem with crooks, fortunetellers, cardsharks, and ladies of the night. But even the toughest racketeer has a soft spot for Rosie, the adopted daughter of the whole neighborhood and resident ray of sunshine in the local cafe. A doorstop orphan, her world is filled with a menagerie of neighbors come to sh and gossip. But as her Uncle Bert and pillowy-plump Aunt Maggie work to make Rosie's adoption legal, she learns that the woman she has always kwn as The Perfumed Lady is t only a professional tart, she's also a gin addict and Rosie's mum. As the real story unfolds and Rosie becomes the target of a plot, the neighborhood's response will delight readers and leave them hungry for the future titles in this charming new series, which Maeve Binchy fans will enjoy ( Booklist ).
- Author BiographyPip Granger's early childhood was spent in the back seat of her father's light aircraft smuggling brandy, tobacco, and books across the English Channel into 1950s Soho, where she lived above a cafE. She traveled in Europe and Asia in the 60s and 70s and taught children with special educational needs in the East End of London, before settling down in Bristol, England.
- Author(s)Pip Granger
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.