Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionCome fly with Captain Ray Lemmon, United Airlines (retired), as he shares the fascinating story of his life and career as an airline pilot and airplane hobbyist. Starting with his Depression-era childhood, Lemmon tells of growing up during World War II, serving in the Army during the Korean Conflict, and finally achieving his dream of becoming an airline pilot with Capital and United Airlines during the emergence of the Jet Age, the mid-century years of growth and turbulence for the airline industry. Lemmon also writes about owning, restoring and flying vintage airplanes and his adventures with collectible cars, vintage boats, trailers and motor homes. His wife Margaret, his partner in life and adventure, is a prominent part of the story. (She had a pilot's license, too.) You'll feel as if you're right beside him in the cockpit as he tells stories of cross-country flights in small planes and big ones-of the pranks airline pilots play-of a terror-filled near-disaster over the Poco Mountains in Tannersville, Pa.-and, after Margaret's passing, of a series of surprising events that defy explanation but that lead to unexpected revelation and personal enlightenment. Not Flying Alone is the story of a life and an era, vividly and memorably told.
- Author(s)Ray Lemmon
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.