Not Married, Not Bothered: An ABC for Spinsters by Carol Clewlow (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.52+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionNot Married, Not Bothered is a refreshing and hilarious celebration of women - and of a woman's right to joyfully celebrate whichever lifestyle she chooses, at whatever age she is. Riley Gordon would t go as far as her best friend, Magda, who has decided to have the full wedding ceremony and celebrations. So far, so traditional. But in Magda's case, the lucky person she will be saying I do to is herself. It is Magda's statement for single women everywhere. This is Riley's call to arms, her challenge to celebrate singleness, and to re-establish that much maligned, splendid word: spinster. The life of Riley is an excellent one. She has issues, life crises. She is celebrating her life. Her mother is t so sure. Her marriage to Riley's father may have been a mistake, but as a merry widow, at least she is allowed lovers. Her sister, happily married with two children, is certain that married life is the right choice. Riley's extensive relations, including those in the more successful branch of the family, feel free to give their opinions, frequently and unasked. Her various friends, straight and gay, are delighted to have such available and lively companionship. And her lovers, all ex at present, simply wonder when they might be able to weight the balance from freedom towards themselves. Carol Clewlow, author of A Woman's Guide to Adultery, has written a wonderfully refreshing, witty vel, her conversational tone perfectly suited to the book. The views on marriage, on lifestyles, on age, on our attitudes are lively, unusual and stimulating. Riley is a character all of us would like to have in our lives.
- Author BiographyCarol Clewlow's first novel Keeping the Faith was short listed for the Whitbread Prize, while her second, the best-selling A Woman's Guide to Adultery was translated into 15 languages and turned into a TV mini series. A further novel Love in the Modern Sense plus a number of her short stories have been broadcast on Radio 4 and a fourth, One For The Money performed at the Edinburgh Fringe. Not Married Not Bothered, her latest novel, will also be published in several other European countries. She lives and works in the North East of England.
- Author(s)Carol Clewlow
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication21/11/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight240 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.