All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Gower in his Foreword writes This is a joyful book. A relentlessly good read and t just for cricket lovers either. Everybody should read it. Not everyone can be a true sporting hero. Most of us lost out in life's sporting lottery, and we have to find whatever virtue we can in effort and incompetence. Not Out First Ball is a laugh-out-loud manifesto for anyone who has ever silently sobbed at the sight of their off stump cartwheeling off into the distance, or thrown their bat in disgust onto an autumn bonfire. To field idly at long off in the evening sunshine is to peep back over the wall to when things moved slower, cost less and didn't always need to signify something. At a time of digital abundance, the whole glorious point of cricket is that so much of it is utterly pointless. Roger Morgan-Grenville and Richard Perkins have written a book that is t only funny but also immensely insightful and profound. All cricketers (and maybe even their wives) will identify with the authors' experiences and those of their teammates. Long listed for the MCC Book of the Year 2012.
- Author BiographyRoger Morgan-Grenvilleis 53, has a career batting average of 14.28 and sells things to cook with. Richard Perkins is 56, has a bowling average of 36.58 and sells trees.
- Author(s)Richard Perkins,Roger Morgan-Grenville
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteBlack & white line drawings
- Weight318 g
- Width128 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.