All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an amusing and illuminating first-hand account of the birth and early days of Radio Clyde, Scotland's first independent local radio station. It is fully illustrated with archive material. It presents the action-packed story of the adventure that created Glasgow-based Radio Clyde, the first UK commercial station to launch outside of London on Hogmanay 1973. Brimming with anecdotes about the personalities and programmes of the station's formative years, the book also traces the origins of radio in Scotland. There's a chapter devoted to the story of the offshore station Radio Scotland and its influence on the future of Scottish broadcasting. Illustrations include photographs and memorabilia from the period 1973-75. Many of those involved in the station's early days have provided their own stories and photographs, and the book includes a follow-up on some of the characters involved in subsequent Radio Clyde reunions. Occasionally irreverent, frequently hilarious but always informative and entertaining, Tony's insightful memoir of the early years of Radio Clyde is sure to become an essential media read for anyone who listens to the radio.
- Author BiographyTony Currie was the first voice ever heard on Radio Clyde and went on to become a stalwart in the broadcasting industry in the UK and abroad. He has written two books on broadcasting and has contributed widely to the sector's trade journals.
- Author(s)Tony Currie
- PublisherNeil Wilson Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNeil Wilson Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.