Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the moment that children start playing competitive sports, they dream of being the hero of a buzzer-beating victory, and this book and accompanying DVD chronicles 50 of the most memorable finishes in sports. Vibrant four-color photos, statistics, quotes, and stories offer fresh details on some of the most famous events in sports history, including the Play (Stanford vs. Cal), the Ice Bowl, Laettner's Buzzer-Beater, and N.C. State's Men's Basketball title. For those sports fans too young to have seen these famous moments or for those who wish to relive them over and over again, there is a exclusive DVD featuring sports icon Jim McKay, which features a detailed documentary on 20 of the highlights featured in the book.
- Author BiographyLes Krantz is a recognized sports authority who has worked for the Chicago Tribune, Chicago magazine, Esquire, Gold, and Ski. He is the author of many sports books, including Dark Horses and Underdogs and Reel Baseball. Doug Flutie is a former professional football quarterback who first rose to prominence during his career at Boston College, where he received the Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award in 1984. His Hail Mary touchdown pass in a game against Miami on November 23, 1984, is considered among the greatest moments in college football and American sports history.
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication27/07/2005
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width273 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLes Krantz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.