All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionCatherine MacDonald is astonished to receive from her twin brother-who had apparently drowned a year earlier in the monsoon floods of 1821-a kashmiri shawl, a caddy of unusual tea, and a sheaf of traditional bagpipe music in his handwriting. When had he sent it? And why had he retitled a certain tune Not Yet Drown'd ? Irresistibly, she is drawn to India to search for answers. With her stepdaughter and their two maids-one an enigmatic Hindu, the other a runaway American slave-she follows an obscure trail of tea, opium, and bagpipe music, discovering unsuspected truths about the man she is seeking. Reading group guide included.
- Author BiographyPeg Kingman is the author of Not Yet Drown'd and Original Sins. Formerly a tea merchant and a technical writer, she lives in northern California.
- Author(s)Peg Kingman
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/09/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight360 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.