All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Robert Plomin, the world's leading geneticist, said in 2014 of his search for genes that explain differences in our psychology: 'I have been looking for these genes for fifteen years. I don't have any'. Using a mixture of famous and ordinary people, Oliver James drills deep down into the childhood causes of our individuality, revealing why our upbringing, t our genes, plays such an important role in our wellbeing and success. The implications are huge: as adults we can change, we can clutch our fates from predetermined destiny, as parents we can radically alter the trajectory of our childrens' lives, and as a society we could largely eradicate criminality and poverty. Not in Your Genes will t only change the way you think about yourself and the people around you, but give you the fuel to change your personality and your life for the better.
- Author BiographyOliver James trained and practised as a child clinical psychologist and, since 1987, has worked as a writer, journalist and television documentary producer and presenter. His books include Juvenile Violence in a Winner-Loser Culture, the bestselling They F*** You Up and Britain on the Couch, which was also a successful documentary series for Channel 4. He is a trustee of two children's charities: the National Family and Parenting Institute and Homestart.
- Author(s)Oliver James
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight605 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.