Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionNow in her late eighties, her sheer dedication to her work and her love of acting has guaranteed her a string of accolades and awards. At the centre of this industry is Dame Thora's diary, a huge book which she keeps with her at all times, next to the telephone which rings constantly. Not in the Diary reveals her reflections and her behind-the-scenes stories, from glamourous engagements to domestic and family commitments - the material that never finds its way into the diary of events. During this period, she had a bad fall which resulted in several weeks in hospital. She also suffers from severe arthritis and is wheelchair bound, going to work in an ambulance. Yet her will to work never fails. She is one of Britain's foremost personalities and beloved by all.
- Author BiographyThora Hird, one of Britain's best-known TV personalities, was born in Morecambe, Lancashire, the daughter of theatrical parents. She began acting when she was twenty and has had a highly successful film career as well as starring in many TV comedies. She presented Praise Be! for many years and in 1993 became a Dame of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Liz Barr,Thora Hird
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication22/02/2001
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/11/2011
- Content Note8 b&w photos
- Weight124 g
- Width111 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.