All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is the world in which we live so ruled by the idea of the nation? What effect have the newly independent nations of the last fifty years had on the old world order? Are countries in a post-imperial world the same w as they were in the time of imperialism? Not On Any Map seeks to answer these questions and explores the wide-ranging issues surrounding nationalism and postcoloniality. The collection draws on the work of scholars and creative producers from all over the world who explore the idea of the nation in a variety of postcolonial contexts. These include a piece from Wilson Harris' work-in-progress, as well as other work on literary nationalism, media arts promotion, the use of the indigene in tourism, commercial cinema, immigration, developments in communication and techlogy, sport and issues affecting nations both in the former colonial centres and the ex-colonies.
- Author BiographySTUART MURRAY is Lecturer in English, Trinity College, Dublin.
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1997
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Weight300 g
- Width144 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byStuart Murray
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.