All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.06
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-year-old Skyler saw the incident out her window: Some sort of metallic object hovering over the Golden Gate Bridge just before it collapsed and a mushroom cloud lifted above the city. Like everyone, she ran, but she couldn't outrun the radiation, with her last thoughts being of her beloved baby brother, Dorian, safe in her distant family home. Flash forward to a post-incident America, where the country has been broken up into territories and Muslims have been herded onto the old Indian reservations in the west, even though one has determined who set off the explosion that destroyed San Francisco. Twelve-year old Dorian dreams about killing Muslims and about his sister even though Dorian's parents insist Skyler never existed. Are they still shell-shocked, trying to put the past behind them . . . or is something more sinister going on? Meanwhile, across the street, Dorian's neighbor adopts a Muslim orphan from the territories. It will set off a series of increasingly terrifying incidents that will lead to either tragedy or redemption for Dorian, as he struggles to prove that his sister existed and was killed by a terrorist attack. <i>Not on Fire, but Burning</i> is unlike anything you're read before t exactly a thriller, t exactly sci-fi, t exactly speculative fiction, but rather a brilliant and absorbing adventure into the dark heart of an America that seems ripped from the headlines. But just as powerfully, it presents a captivating hero: A young boy driven by love to seek the truth, even if it means his deepest beliefs are wrong.
- Author Biography<b>GREG HRBEK</b>won the James Jones First Novel award for his book <i>The Hindenberg Crashes Nightly</i>. His short fiction has appeared in <i>Harper's Magazine</i> and numerous literary journals, and in <i>The Best American Short Stories</i> anthology. He is writer in residence at Skidmore College.
- Author(s)Greg Hrbek
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Weight272 g
- Width147 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.