All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFelicity Lawrence's Sunday Times bestseller Not on the Label, updated with extraordinary new material on the horsemeat scandal In 2004 Felicity Lawrence published her ground-breaking book, Not on the Label, where, in a series of undercover investigations she provided a shocking account of what really goes into the food we eat. She discovered why beef waste ends up in chicken, why a single lettuce might be sprayed six times with chemicals before it ends up in our salad, why bread is full of water. And she showed how obesity, the appalling conditions of migrant workers, ravaged fields in Europe and the supermarket on our high street are all intimately connected. Her discoveries would change the way we thought about the UK food industry for ever. And, when the horsemeat scandal hit the headlines in 2013, her book seemed extraordinarily prescient once again. Now, in this new edition of her seminal work, Felicity Lawrence delves deeply into that scandal and uncovers how the great British public ended up eating horses. 'A brave examination of the calamities caused by a policy laughingly called one of 'cheap food Jeremy Paxman, Observer 'Book of the Year' 'Challenges each and every one of us to think again about what we buy and eat. It's almost like uncovering a secret state within the state' Andrew Marr, BBC Radio 4's Start The Week 'A thorough, complex and shocking insight into the food we eat in the twenty-first century ...Perhaps this should be sold as the most effective diet book ever written' Daily Mail Felicity Lawrence is an award-winning journalist and editor who has been writing on food-related issues for over twenty years. She lives in London.
- Author BiographyFelicity Lawrence is an award-winning journalist and editor who has been writing on food-related issues for over twenty years. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Felicity Lawrence
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight267 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.