CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sir Philip Sidney decided to rewrite his pastoral vel called Arcadia, he expanded it into a romance epic in prose, calling in mind the great Italian Renaissance epics of Ariosto and Tasso. This book analyzes the way in which Sidney adapted the typical characters of the romance epics. Unlike the Italian authors, Sidney presented his characters so that they constantly invite the moral judgment of the reader, and he emphasized their inner lives, thereby making The New Arcadia the predecessor of the modern vel.
- Author(s)Neda Jeny
- PublisherPeter Lang Gmbh, Internationaler Verlag Der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication01/02/1989
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Gmbh, Internationaler Verlag Der Wissenschaften
- Weight350 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.