Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.45
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionA darkly humorous reckoning of our modern condition - spam mail, internships, frenemies and hype - and the story of Anna's quest for the meaningful life she kws she deserves. Are you a real person? Anna Krestler has been fired and needs a new job. What she doesn't need is to check her Gmail account for new messages, or click-through to a blog on underwear that prevents cameltoe. But Anna is addicted to the internet, and matter how much her life-coach bullies her, she can't resist the lure of the next link. Everything changes for Anna when she chances upon a particularly cryptic online advert. Her reply is the gateway to an existential adventure that sees her swallowed whole by New York's avant-garde art scene and the strange world of experimental cinema. Anna will do anything to impress Taj, the enigmatic filmmaker, and gradually he begins to direct every aspect of Anna's life. But is Taj for real anyway? Is Anna? And what's better? To be totally, obviously real, or really obviously fake?
- Author BiographyAlina Simone is a Brooklyn-based author and singer. Her first book of essays, 'You Must Go and Win', was published in 2011. She has also written for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, McSweeneys and BOMB Magazine.
- Author(s)Alina Simone
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Weight270 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.