All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.60Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionIn November of 2009, author T.M. Quinlan began a daily experiment of writing one-page essays on a random subject. In an attempt to cure his chronic writer's block, Quinlan would select subjects completely at random and those discoveries would jump start his brain. Notebook H is a collection of some of those mini-essays covering a four-month period at the start of 2012. With topics ranging from Indiana's dominance of the American auto industry, the definition of the word shroud, and Tony Gwynn's batting average, those random seeds have the chance to grow into discussions about cross-dressing in cinema, his college bowling team (The Alley-Mentals), and Roman SuperPACs. In addition to the essays, Quinlan would also use his randomly derived topics to provide him suggestions on longer writing assignments. A blog site about warfare could prompt a personal essay about Quinlan's first encounter with the comedy of George Carlin or the Greek tragedy of Thyestes and Atreus could spur a short story idea about the Boston Red Sox fan who actually breaks the Curse of the Bambi. Notebook H is a literary example of going where the winds (as well as the cards and dice) of chance take you.
- Author BiographyT.M. Quinlan has been trying to be an author for over a decade. When not attemptin to put thoughts on paper, Quinlan works at his occupation that actually pays him. Born and raised in Southern California, Quinlan now lives in the Washington, D.C., area with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)T M Quinlan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.