All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScreen storytelling is an essentially collaborative process. Writers need feedback but too often the tes they receive stall them and even demoralize them. This book unpacks the whys and what-fors of all the most commonly given tes on scripts, stories, and writers themselves. Coming from the perspective of experienced Hollywood professionals, Notes to Screenwriters offers insightful and concise guidance on the entire storytelling process, as well as what comes before it in the life of the writer, and after it in the marketing of the screenplay. It is a unique blend of classical storytelling principles combined with practical kwledge of the contemporary marketplace. This book is destined to be a resource for every writer who gets past the initial stage of writing a first draft and needs sage counsel for what to do next.
- Author BiographyVicki Peterson is a screenwriter and founding partner of Catharsis (storycatharsis.com), which mentors writers and develops screen projects for various producers. Vicki s most recent writing projects include television pilots, Mind Over Matter and Alum Rock Ave, which is with Herrick Entertainment. Her feature, Mother at War is with producer Ken Stewart. Her other projects include features, TV specs, and rewrites for production companies, and her scripts have been selected as finalists for several film festivals and fellowships. Vicki is formerly the director of both the Writing for Film and Television Program and Producing and Entertainment Executive Program at Act One, Inc. (actoneprogram.com), of which she is also an alumna. Before that, Vicki was a development executive at Origin Entertainment and Hero Pictures. Vicki got her start in theatre, working at the Tony award winning La Jolla Playhouse on several pre-Broadway productions.
- Author(s)Barbara Nicolosi,Vicki Peterson
- PublisherMichael Wiese Productions
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichael Wiese Productions
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.94
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.