All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionJeffrey Reiner is a middle manager s dream. Predictable, almost invisible, and lacking ambition, he s held the same tedious job for eighteen years, typing up the calendar listings for a South Florida weekly. As the ecomy and the newspaper industry crashed around him, Jeffrey kept his head comfortably in the sand until he was terminated in the middle of his lunch hour. Suddenly Jeffrey is staring at a deadline of twenty-one weeks before his severance pay and unemployment benefits dry up and he has to figure out what to do next. Plunged into the bizarre world of unemployment, Jeffrey s attempts at networking lead him to his slacker neighbors, an urthodox state facilitator, and a 1-800 mental health counselor. What s even worse is w that he has job to fill the daytime hours, he can t igre the fact that his family life is unraveling: his wife communicates almost solely through detailed daily honey-do lists; his mother seems determined to get herself kicked out of her assisted-living facility; his teenage daughter has use for him and seems wiser to the ways of the world than he ll ever be; and his son has taken up a disturbing form of pest control to help make ends meet. Even his dog finds a way to let him down. With his job search going where amid the wreckage of the American ecomy, Jeffrey has choice but to push beyond his comfort zone. He takes on a string of ridiculous odd jobs for a guy kwn as enterprising dude that include dressing up as the Statue of Liberty and breeding fish in a tub of mud. But as Jeffrey stumbles from one comic catastrophe to ather, he realizes that in opening up to the world, he longer wants to go back to his safe, sheltered corner. Full of whimsy, wry humor, and surprising insight, Nothing Happens Until It Happens to You is a weird, wonderful journey of self-discovery that proves there s life after the pink slip after all. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyT.M.SHINE is an award-winning journalist and author based in South Florida who has written on topics ranging from spending a week in fourth grade at the age of thirty-two to hunting down an elusive Lizard Man in the backwoods of South Carolina. A regular contributor to The Washington Post Magazine, his work has also appeared in numerous publications and been featured on National Public Radio s This American Life. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)T. M. Shine
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.