All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionNothing Like Love is a collection of love poems by one of Britain's most popular and highly acclaimed poets. Jenny Joseph is kwn mainly as the author of Warning , her internationally rewned dramatic mologue in which a middle-aged character talks of her fantasies of old age. But when Jenny Joseph was first published in the 1950s she was most admired for the wit of her precision with words in service to a memorable lyric style. Over more than 60 years in which she has been exploring a wide range of forms - new ways of telling stories in prose and verse, introducing cadences of common speech into the lyrical movement of her verse, creating characters who tell their own stories - she has always written what she things of as 'songs'. For this new book she has brought back some of the best-loved early love poems to make an entirely fresh combination with previously uncollected poems, and some very new poems published here for the first time. This new collection shows that Jenny Joseph's ability to convey the experiences of a 'thinking heart' is in way diminished.
- Author BiographyJenny Joseph was born in Birmingham in 1932 and studied English Literature at St Hilda's College, Oxford. She was first published and broadcast by John Lehmann in the 1950s. Scorpion Press published her first book of poems, The Unlooked-for Season, in 1960, the decade in which she married, had three children and produced six children's books. Since then thirteen more books in prose and verse, for children and adults, have been published. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Jenny Joseph
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Weight91 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.