All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe legal crusade of Myra Clark Gaines (1804?-1885) has all the trappings of classic melodrama - a lost heir, a missing will, an illicit relationship, a questionable marriage, a bigamous husband, and a murder. For a half-century the daughter of New Orleans millionaire Daniel Clark struggled to justify her claim to his ermous fortune in a case that captivated the nineteenth-century public. Elizabeth Urban Alexander taps volumius court records and letters in her gripping account of the longest continuous litigation in U.S. history, a case considered seventeen times by the Supreme Court.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Urban Alexander is visiting assistant professor of history and interdisciplinary studies at Texas Wesleyan University.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Urban Alexander
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleSouthern Biography S.
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Note8 illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.