Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionNovember is Sean O'Brien's first collection since his widely celebrated The Drowned Book, the only book of poetry to have won both the Forward and T. S. Eliot prizes. November is haunted by the missing, the missed, the vanished, the uncounted, and the uncountable lost: lost sleep, connections, muses, books, the ghosts and gardens of childhood. Ultimately, these lead the poet to contemplate the most troubling absences: O'Brien's elegies for his parents and friends form the heart of this book, and are the source of its pervasive te of depart. Elsewhere -- as if a French window stood open to an English room -- the islands, canals, railway stations and undergrounds of O'Brien's landscape are swept by a strikingly Gallic air. This new te lends O'Brien's recent poems a reinvigorated sense of the imaginative possible: November shows O'Brien at the height of his powers, with his intellect and imagination as gratifyingly restless as ever.
- Author BiographySean O'Brien is a poet, critic, playwright, broadcaster, anthologist and editor. He grew up in Hull and now lives in Newcastle upon Tyne; he is Professor of Creative Writing at Newcastle University and Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature. His six collections of poetry to date have all won awards, most recently The Drowned Book (Picador, 2007) which won both the Forward Prize for best collection and the T.S. Eliot Prize.
- PrizesShortlisted for Costa Poetry Award 2011 and Forward Poetry Prize for Best Collection 2011.
- Author(s)Sean O'Brien
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.