All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe unforgettable sequel to Karleen Koen s beloved debut, <i>Through a Glass Darkly</i> A Book-of-the-Month Club main selection A bride at fteen, widowed at the tender age of twenty, Barbara, Countess Devane, embarks for colonial Virginia nancially ruined by the death of her husband in scandalous circumstances. Dressed in mourning as is proper for a woman, she is patronizingly described as a fragile black butterfly, but the fragility is deceiving. She makes a place for herself in the new world, takes lovers and friends across political divides, and questions the established traditions of slavery. Facing enemies she never suspected, she must return to England and deal face to face with the problems created by her husband, who haunts her even in death. Back in London, she quickly nds herself pulled into Jacobite plotting, and the treachery of powerful men suddenly threatens her family, her friends and a new love. <i>Now Face to Face</i> sweeps readers from eighteenth-century America to London and brings both worlds to vivid life. It is a magni cent evocation of an era, from the plantations of Virginia to Haverian England.
- Author BiographyKARLEEN KOEN is the <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of <i>Through a Glass Darkly</i> and <i>Dark Angels</i>, a BookSense pick. She lives in Houston, Texas. Visit her online at www.karleenkoen.com.
- Author(s)Karleen Koen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotter Style
- Weight574 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.