CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionOut of this book's gathering of speakers (arsonist, leper, Captain Haddock, the maitre d' of an unusual restaurant) and subjects (dung beetle, Aristophanes, medieval surgeon, methamphetamines) emerges a baroque, musical, and formally inventive history of creation and destruction. Now Make an Altar dispassionately suggests that there can't be one without the other. And there is thing, however broken, absurd, atrocious, or sublime that cant be brought into ecstatic focus in this mysterious feast of dense and exacting language. Come in, come sup, Beeder invites us in the book's opening poem. You'll never feel full.
- Author BiographyAMY BEEDER is the author of Burn the Field (Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2006). Her work has appeared in Poetry, Ploughshares, The Nation, The Kenyon Review, and other journals. She teaches poetry at the University of New Mexico.
- Author(s)Amy Beeder
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication04/01/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.