All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarely had the first copies of Christopher Matthew's 'Now We Are Sixty' landed in the bookshops when people started to ask when he was going to write a sequel. To his surprise the temptation to try his hand at a few more poems (particularly based on originals he hadn't tackled before, such as the Emperor's Rhyme or Sneezles) proved, like age itself, irresistible. Once again they follow the rhymes and rhythms of the great Milne, to remind those who are getting on in years of the wit, wisdom and whimsy he conjured up for those who were very young.
- Author BiographyApart from Now We Are Sixty, Christopher Matthew, is best known for his Diary of a Somebody and its accident-prone hero Simon Crisp, whom Sheridan Morley called 'one of the greatest comic characters of our time'. He has been a columnist for most of the major newspapers, currently writes on books and TV for the Daily Mail, and is well known as a broadcaster. He lives in London and Suffolk.
- Author(s)Christopher Matthew
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication18/09/2003
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/04/2013
- Content NoteLine throughout
- Weight246 g
- Width137 mm
- Height14 mm
- Spine197 mm
- Edited byGrant Mcintyre
- Illustrator(s)David Eccles
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.