All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Featuring speculative fiction-writing exercises from Harlan Ellison (R), Piers Anthony, Ramsey Campbell, Jack Ketchum, screenwriters of <i>The Twilight Zone</i> and <i>Star Trek: The Next Generation</i>, and many more.</b> The fifth volume in the acclaimed <i>Now Write! </i>writing-guide series offers a full toolbox of advice and exercises for speculative fiction writers hoping to craft an engaging alternate reality, flesh out an enthralling fantasy quest, or dream up a bloodcurdling plot twist, including: -<b>Harlan Ellison</b> (R), on crafting the perfect story title -<b>Jack Ketchum, </b> on how ecomy of language helps create a truly frightening tale -<b>Piers Anthony, </b>on making fantastical characters feel genuine and relatable Among the other writers incluided are: <b>Steven Barnes, Peter Briggs, David Brin, Sara B. Cooper, Brian James Freeman, Joe R. Lansdale, Bruce McAllister, Vonda N. McIntyre, William F. Nolan, Michael Reaves, Melissa Scott, Michael Dillon Scott, Vanessa Vaughn </b>and others. This collection of storytelling secrets from top genre writers including winners of Nebula, Hugo, Edgar, and Bram Stoker awards is essential for any writer looking to take a leap beyond the ordinary.
- Author Biography<b>Laurie Lamson </b>has four entertainment projects in development with producers and many of the videos from her educational and corporate scripts have won multiple awards. As a filmmaker, she has directed the short films <i>Family Values In The Goddess Years</i> and <i>Eternal Waltz</i>, seven mini-documentaries, an award-winning reggae music video, and a tween music video. Laurie is co-editor of the popular writing exercise anthologies <i>Now Write! Screenwriting, Now Write! Mysteries, </i> and sole editor of <i>Now Write! Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror, </i>all published by Tarcher/Penguin<i>. </i>Learn more atNowWrite.net.
- Author(s)Laurie Lamson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight313 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.