All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a follow-up to last year's runaway bestseller Now You Kw ...The Book of Answers, which went through five printings and sold over 20,000 copies! Why do we shout Fore on a golf course? Why is confetti thrown at a wedding? Exactly how long is a moment or a jiffy ? Why is breaking a mirror bad luck, and a rabbit's foot good luck? In this second book, Lenx continues to trace the concise and fascinating history and reasons for hundreds of expressions in our everyday language, as well as customs and habits, in the same entertaining format that was so successful last year. These gems are from the original syndicated radio scripts broadcast daily to millions across Canada through the Sound Source Network of Standard Broadcasting.
- Author BiographyDoug Lennox ia best known through his 35 years as a freelance writer, producer, and host in Canadian radio and television. His work at the CBC with such legends as Anne Murray and Ronnie Hawkins has won him international acclaim. He has also been featured in movies and television.
- Author(s)Doug Lennox
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectTrivia & Quiz Books
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight266 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Catriona Wight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.