All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSay Lynn Redgrave was your favorite aunt, or David Oyelowo was your favorite uncle, and you sat down together and asked him or her to give you their honest advice and guidance. That same advice and insider kwledge, delivered with the same sense of honesty and intimacy, is what readers will gain from Now You Tell Me! 12 Actors Give the Best Advice They Never Got. This book cuts 20 years off the learning curve of anyone who wants to go into acting and fascinates anyone interested in the entertainment industry. What is the most important quality to bring to an audition? How do you chose an acting or vocal coach? If you decide to 'go pro', where do you start? These questions and many others are addressed by Pauley Perrette, Sam Waterston, and others who have spent decades in the profession.Most importantly, the subtitle of each book in the Now You Tell Me! series is Making a Living; Making a Life. The editors of this book have carefully selected professional actors who have t only been successful in their chosen professions, but have also made purposeful decisions when it comes to building a good life. The young actors who will read Now You Tell Me! 12 Actors Give the Best Advice They Never Got will benefit from reading about the unique experiences of these actors who have been successful in all aspects of their lives.Includes interviews with: Pauley Perrette (NCIS); David Oyelowo (Red Tails, The Help); Charles Busch (Vampire Lesbians of Sodom); Joseph Kolinski (Les Miserables, One Life to Live); Michael McKean (This is Spinal Tap, Laverne & Shirley); Brian Stokes-Mitchell (Ragtime, Man of La Mancha); Julia Motyka (The Kindergarten Shuffle, In the Family); Alexandra Neil (As the World Turns, Rock 'n' Roll); Michael O'Neill (The West Wing, Grey's Anatomy); Eden Sher (The Middle, Weeds); Sam Waterston (Law & Order, King Lear); the last major interview with Lynn Redgrave and a bonus interview with director Kent Paul.
- Author BiographySheridan Scott, the primary co-author of the Now You Tell Me! series, has edited half a dozen Chicken Soup for the Soul books and has co-authored Chicken Soup from the Soul of Hawai'i. An award winning biographer, she has been a staff writer for five national magazines, and has ghostwritten for dozens of celebrities, as well as hundreds of regular folks.
- Author(s)Chris Willman,Sheridan Scott
- PublisherArundel Publishing
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArundel Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.