All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a unique and poignant love story of two very special people living under assumed identities for different reasons; and also a thriller chasing the intriguing tentacles of espionage activities and the untold stories behind political assassinations in India. It is a poetical treatise that leaves the reader teary-eyed, hopeful and refreshed. The translator tes: This landmark vel, a socio-political silhouette of contemporary India, is a poignant juxtaposition of materialism and spirituality, contemporary geopolitics and history in the making, India and the world, urban and tribal cultures, tragedy and comedy, saints and sinners, displacement and assimilation, cyanide tablets and self-healing, arms and man, war and peace, hospitals and hermitages... innumerable are the strands that form the warp and weft of this literary milestone. It thrills, threatens, moves, shocks, calms and exhilarates! The catharsis I experienced after reading the original impelled me to seek the writer's permission and translate it for readers beyond borders, as all good things must be shared and joy multiplies in the process!
- Author BiographyBorn: 15 Feb. 1939 at Chamravattom, Tirur, Malappuram, Kerala, India. PRINT MEDIA, ENGLISH Spearheaded the Launch Team of Science Today of Times of India, Bombay, 1964-'68. Science Editor of Link Magazine and Patriot Daily, Delhi, 1968-'72. MALAYALAM PRINT MEDIA Editor Porul Monthly, 1972-'76. Editor Veekshanam Daily, 1980-'84. Editor-in-Charge of Year-Books and Bhashaposhini, Malayala Manorama, 1994-'97. Consultant for Madhyamam Publications, 1997-2000. CREATIVE WRITING, MALAYALAM Won in every literary competition during academic career. Translated Daniel Defoe (M. Flanders) and Lincoln Bernet (Einstein and the Universe) at age seventeen. Contributed popular science and creative copy to leading periodicals ever since. Wrote the first novel at age nineteen, topped the 120 entries to the novel-writing competition organized by the Mathrubhumi Weekly, bagged the prize and, also won the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for the year 1962. Sixty more popular titles in various branches of writing, deep in content but simple in style, have followed, won acclaim, enriched the language and have always remained alive in the book market. SCIENCE WRITING Translated David O.Woodbury's Outward Bound for Space in 1962. Organized the Sasthra Sahitya Samithi, a science-writing club, the first of its kind in the country. Took Science Today to success. Managed the 12-volume encyclopedia published by the Writers' Co-operative of Kerala. RECOGNITIONS: He has been recognized by India's National Akademi of Letters, the Kerala Sahitya Akademi and almost every other body promoting creative literature of the language he writes. FORAYS INTO FILM WORLD Written and directed four feature films in Malayalam beginning with Agni, the first ever film from southern India to form part of the Indian Panorama of Feature Films. The third film he made, Ottayadippathakal, too formed part of Panorama. Both attracted critical acclaim at international festivals including Mannheim and Thashkent. He has written scripts based on several of his other novels. POSITIONS HELD: Presently elected member of the governing body of the Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi. Twice elected to the Board of Directors of the Writers' Co-Operative of Kerala. Headed the Board for one term. Member of the first Board of Directors of the Kerala State Film Development Corporation. Member of the National Film Awards jury panel on three occasions. Twice member of jury panels to select Indian Panorama films.
- Author(s)C Radhakrishnan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight501 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byKairali Narayanan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.