Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn the decade-and-a-half since the first edition of this book was written, there have been dramatic changes both in the town of Aswan and among the devoutly Muslim Nubians of the village of West Aswan. Anne Jennings' revised and updated ethgraphy reflects those changes and also incorporates new material from archaeological/historical research and new literature on the impact of tourism, the work of Muslim women in the informal sector, and the interdependence of male and female domains.It captures the realities of everyday life for women in a devoutly Islamic society undergoing dramatic change.
- Author BiographyAnne M. Jennings is a consulting cultural anthropologist.
- Author(s)Anne M. Jennings
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.