All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book fills a clear gap in the literature for a technically-focused book covering nuclear proliferation and related issues post-9/11. Using a concept-led approach which serves a broad readership, it provides detailed overview of nuclear weapons, nuclear proliferation and international nuclear policy. The author addresses topics including offensive and defensive missile systems, command and control, verification, weapon effects, and nuclear testing. A chrology of nuclear arms is presented including detailed discussion of the Cold War, proliferation, and arms control treaties. The book is tailored to courses on nuclear proliferation, and the general reader will also find it a fascinating introduction to the science and strategy behind international nuclear policy in the modern era.
- Author BiographyDavid Hafemeister is Professor (emeritus) of Physics at Cal Poly University. He was employed on national security matters by Senator John Glenn (1975-77), State Department (Special Assistant to Under Sec. of State on nuclear proliferation, 1977-79, 1987), Senate Committees on Foreign Relations (1990-92) and Governmental Affairs (1992-93), Arms Control and Disarmament Agency (1997), Study Director at the National Academy of Sciences (2000-2) and Stanford University Center for International Security and Cooperation (2005-06). He was the lead SFRC technical staff on the ratification of TTBT, CFE and START. His book, Physics of Societal Issues (Springer, 2007) attempts to quantify what is quantifiable. He was chair of the Los Alamos Nonproliferation-Division Review Committee (2003--06).
- Author(s)David Hafemeister
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 35 colour illustrations, 80 black & white tables, 15 colour tables, biography
- Weight909 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.