All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume aims to improve understanding of nuclear security and the prevention of nuclear terrorism. Nuclear terrorism is perceived as one of the most immediate and extreme threats to global security today. While the international community has made important progress in securing fissile material, there are still important steps to be made with nearly 2,000 metric tons of weapons-usable nuclear material spread around the globe. The volume addresses this complex phemen through an interdisciplinary approach: legal, criminal, technical, diplomatic, cultural, ecomic, and political. Despite this cross-disciplinary approach, however, the chapters are all linked by the overarching aim of enhancing kwledge of nuclear security and the prevention of nuclear terrorism. The volume aims to do this by investigating the different types of nuclear terrorism, and subsequently discussing the potential means to prevent these malicious acts. In addition, there is a discussion of the nuclear security regime, in general, and an important examination of both its strengths and weaknesses. In summary, the book aims to extend the societal and political debate about the threat of nuclear terrorism. This book will be of much interest to students of nuclear proliferation, nuclear governance, terrorism studies, international organizations, and security studies in general.
- Author BiographyBrecht Volders is a researcher in the Department of Politics at the Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, and a PhD candidate. Tom Sauer is Associate Professor in International Politics at the Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, and author of Eliminating Nuclear Weapons: The Role of Missile Defense (2011).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Global Security Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBrecht Volders,Tom Sauer
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.