All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the national plans that ten Euratom countries plus Switzerland and the United States are developing to address high-level radioactive waste storage and disposal. The chapters, which were written by 23 international experts, outline European and national regulations, techlogy choices, safety criteria, monitoring systems, compensation schemes, institutional structures, and approaches to public involvement. Key stakeholders, their values and interests are introduced, the responsibilities and authority of different actors considered, decision-making processes are analyzed as well as the factors influencing different national policy choices. The views and expectations of different communities regarding participatory decision making and compensation and the steps that have been or are being taken to promote dialogue and constructive problem-solving are also considered.
- Author BiographyAchim Brunnengraber, Maria Rosaria Di Nucci, Ana Maria Isidoro Losada, Lutz Mez and Miranda Schreurs; Environmental Policy Research Centre, Freie Universitat Berlin and members of the project Multi-level Governance Perspective on Nuclear Waste Disposal within the research platform ENTRIA.
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleEnergiepolitik und Klimaschutz. Energy Policy and Climate Protection
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer VS
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAchim Brunnengraber,Lutz Mez,Maria Rosaria Di Nucci,Professor Miranda A. Schreurs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.