All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionBy integrating techlogy, supporting infrastructure and efficient application, the all-in-one guide presents molecular diagstics as an essential component of modern, personalized clinical practice. It considers all important aspects, from the hardware and software needed, to recent improvements in blood- and n-blood-based biomarker tests. Chapters on ethical challenges and a look at current trends and the latest invations are also included. Bridging the gap between industry and academia, this is a highly useful resource for practitioners as well as for developers of modern, DNA- and RNA-based molecular diagstics.
- Author BiographyAndreas Keller studied Computational Biology at Saarland University in Saarbrucken (Germany), completing his PhD in 2009. He joined Febit Biomed GmbH in 2008 where he directed the biomarker discovery effort. In 2011, he joined the healthcare division of Siemens AG in Erlangen as director diagnostic innovation. In 2013 he became professor for Clinical Computational Biology at Saarland University. Dr. Keller has published more than 80 peer-reviewed manuscripts and field more than 30 patents in the area of biomarker discovery and molecular diagnostics. Eckart Meese is Professor of Human Genetics and Molecular Biology at Saarland University Medical School in Homburg (Germany), where he directs the Institute of Human Genetics. He obtained his PhD in biology in 1987 and did postdoc work at the Arizona Cancer Center in Tucson (USA). He then joined the University of Michigan Medical Center as Assistant Professor, before joining Saarland University in 1992. His scientific focus is on miRNA and autoantibody profiling for the diagnosis of cancer and other diseases.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight982 g
- Width184 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAndreas Keller,Eckart Meese
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.